Monday, September 19, 2011

Incorporating into the DCnU

Today DC officially announced Batman Incorporated: Leviathan Strikes, which I guess collects the remaining issues of Batman Incorporated that didn't make it to press before the New 52 relaunch. The fact that this was originally intended to come out pre-boot and is now coming out post-boot makes it an odd beast. On the one hand, it's meant to be something of a prelude to the upcoming New 52 version of the series, which Morrison is referring to as "season two." So obviously these stories are important to the new continuity, but at the same time they feature the pre-boot costume, and if I understand correctly, in the new continuity the new costume is the only one that ever existed--all costumes were changed retroactively. I know costume details are the sort of continuity thing that more rational people laugh at us continuity geeks for getting all hung up about, but... I don't know... it just hurts my head to think about. Possibly complicating things further, Morrison refers to Batman teaming up with Spoiler in this story. Is that just his way of referring to Stephanie Brown as Batgirl, or have they actually gone in and changed her to Spoiler in this story, so as not to confuse her with the new Batgirl? If she's Spoiler in this story in order to reflect the new continuity and we still have the costume from the old continuity, I'm pretty sure my head will explode.

Also, I suppose it's safe to assume this will be released digitally the same day as print? I'm not 100% clear on the plan for titles that aren't officially part of the New 52-verse...

No comments:

Post a Comment